History of Medical Technology in the Philippines
History of Medical Technology in the Philippines BY eyeteeth On January 9, 1945, 850 US ships of the 6th US Army began a round-about to Lineages Gulf attempting to mislead the Japanese. Manila was taken and Corridor was liberated, finally, real medical faceless were made available to the Philippines which Include the 26th Medical Laboratory of the 6th US Army. The said laboratory was located at 208 Curricula Street, Sat. Cruz, Manila, but now known as the Public Health Laboratory; a division of the Manila Health Department.
Need Help with Your Essay?
Leave your essay topic in comments and get a free help
As early as February of that year, training of civilians to become members of the healthcare team was already being done. The 6th US army left the laboratory on June 1945. The laboratory was endorsed to the National Department of Health, but the department didn’t seem to be interested in pursuing the objectives of the laboratory. The 2nd World War ended on September 1945 and barely, a month later, the laboratory was formerly reorganized by Dir. Plop De Road and assisted by Dir. Marino Casino who was then the Manila City Health Officer.
The laboratory was later named Manila Public Health Laboratory. A training program for Individuals aspiring to become laboratory workers was offered In 1947 by Dir. Plop De Road In collaboration with Drama. Prudence Sat. Ana. Trainees were mostly high school graduates and paramedical graduates. The trawling proved to be ineffective because the trainees were never motivated and there was no program that was supposed to last for a set period of time and no certificates were issued to the trainees. Realizing this, Dir. Poi De Road instructed Drama. Sat.
Ana to prepare a formal syllabus of the training program. In 1954, the training began using a syllabus and it was to last 6 months. The training program offered by Dir. Poi De Road did not last long because during that same year, the formal education of Medical Technology in the Philippines began. History of Medical Technology in the During World War II, Philippines was seriously affected. Pearl Harbor was Invaded by Japan on December 7,1941. Three days later, Japan conquered the entire Philippines, causing the wrath of the united States to flare up.
Illnesses and death was very evident. PART II The Board of Medical Technology was created in 1970 pursuant to Republic Act 5527 also known as the “Philippine Medical Technology Act of 1969. ” The law recognized medical technology as a profession and defined the practice of medical technology, subject to the registration and regulation policies of government. The first Board was composed of Dir. Arturo D. Toleration, Jar. As Chairman and Mr.. Felix E. Aspirer and Ms. Acumen S. J. Eviction as Members. The Board administered the first examination for
Medical Technology In September 1970, where only twenty-five percent of the examinees passed. In order to upgrade the quality of graduates, the Board established mutual relations with the Philippine Escalation of Schools of Medical Technology and Hygiene (PASTIME) in developing and updating the course syllabi to years, the Board has ensured that medical technologists are able to perform the responsibility of aiding physicians in the diagnosis, study and treatment of diseases and in the promotion of health in general.
With the impending liberalizing of trade n services, the Board actively participates in the Consultative Meetings of PR regarding the SEAN Negotiations on Services and Mutual Recognition Agreement. It coordinates with the Philippine Association of Medical Technologists (PAMELA) and other CAPE providers to improve the professional skills and values systems of professionals and to adopt the latest technological developments in their field. Today, medical technologists are serving in hospital and free-standing laboratories, clinics, pharmaceutical companies, schools, food and cosmetic industries here and abroad.