Summary: Dance of the Happy Shades

Point of view Told in the first person from the point of view of an adult woman recounting a significant formative experience from her childhood. Setting Walker Brothers Cowboy’ begins by describing a setting we’ll come to again and again in Alice Munroe: rural Ontario, close to the Great Lakes in the late 1 a … Read more

50 Shades of Grey

Erotica is not a foreign concept in todays society; sex sells. This genre of taboo has been around for a while. However E. L James British author adds her own erotic twist to her novel 50 Shades of Grey. The books use of unusual sexual acts has quickly sparked controversy and has people talking globally. … Read more

Many Shades of LOVE

When you say the word love you picture yourself with your best friend, your soul mate, someone that understands you or connects with you. Everyone wishes for that feeling you get when you have a personable connection with that one person you can’t get enough with, that you want to spend every waking moment with. … Read more

Finding all shades

Abstract Fifty shades of Gray is no literary masterpiece, nor does it hide some life changing meaning between its pages, although this could be debatable. My interest was aroused when I started reading various comments on the book and how “hideous” it is. I am a person who usually enjoys literature and art, that is … Read more

Fifty Shades of Normal

Fifty Shades of Normal Since its publication in 1996, Robe Harrier’s book It’s Perfectly Normal has appeared on the American Library Association list of challenged books. It’s Perfectly Normal was the LA’S #1 Most Challenged Book of 2005. The book is intended for ages 10 and up, and it explains the various physical and psychological … Read more

Shades of Racism – Aboriginality and Sport in Australia

Shades of Racism Overt Racism Since Australia’s inception in 1788, racism has been ever-present; the basis of modern Australia was the controlled subjugation of the original Aboriginal people. This gross normalization culminated in the ‘stolen generation’; a process of eugenics In order to Inter-breed half-caste aboriginals, assailant them Into European appearance-I We need only look … Read more

Shades of Gray

Shades of Gray Characters Will Page – Will is a twelve year old boy who has brown hair and eyes. He is pretty clever and tries to outwit others. He is very loyal and compassionate. He is very sad and angry. He had lost his whole family due to the Civil War. He is the … Read more

Shades of Black

Keziah Knights 01/24/11 English 102 Dr. Gavin “Shades of Black” -Mary Mebane “Shades of Black” is an excerpt from Mary Mebane’s first autobiographical volume. In it, Mebane writes about the different types of black and the depictions of them in society. More specifically, how women of color are viewed and treated. Views of black woman … Read more