• Home
  • Touching the Void

Touching the Void Essay Topics For Free

Interesting and easy essay topics on Touching the Void to write about.

Touching the Void is the heart-stopping account of Joe Simpson’s terrifying adventure in the Peruvian Andes. He and his climbing partner, Simon, reached the summit of the remote Siula Grande in June 1995. A few days later, Simon staggered into Base Camp, exhausted and frost-bitten, with news that that Joe was dead.What happened to Joe, and how the pair dealt with the psych…

Original Title

Touching the Void: The True Story of One Man’s Miraculous Survival
Author

Joe Simpson

ISBN
(ISBN13: 9780060730550)

Edition Language

English

Characters

• Joe Simpson & Simon Yates

Touching the Void essay examples For Free

Yates made a wild decision to climb Saul Grandee a mountain in Peru. Simon and Joe were determined to be the first team ever to successfully climb the west face of Saul Grandee. When successfully reaching the peak of the mountain, they climbed down via the north ridge, and that’s when trouble took take its […]

I was freezing, even my precious finger had gone numb. On lay The Lord knew what I could have done, not me unfortunately. I didn’t do anything; just hung there o n that one rope… For was officially stuck. This was like being in the cold burning of hell, as my leg w as starting […]

Exemplifies his fear as there is a queasy, unsettling feeling in his stomach because of the situation he is in. He uses emotive language in the lines ‘It wasn’t just broken, it was ruptured, twisted, crushed.. ‘, Joe piled up powerful adjectives to make us undergo what he is feeling. In this line he also […]

You can always order an essay on the topic Touching the Void.