Highly skilled Senior Test Analyst with more than 25 years experience in technology, and extensive capability across System, Software and Integration Testing, SDLC testing processes, Quality Assurance, and Independent Validation & Verification (IV&V;). Expert in defining test plans, test specifications, test scripts, test strategy, defect tracking and reporting system management. Outstanding knowledge and use of quality management methods to create and support defectfree, application software that meets the needs of the project. Strong focus on automation and process improvement.
Australia PostOct 2010 to present SENIOR TEST ANALYST The Australia Post is a diversified Government-owned, selffunded postal organization with a turnover of $5-$6Billion turnover, 33,000 employee, 4,400 outlets, and 50% interests in Australian Air Express and Star Track Express. Reports to the Test Manager within Testing Services.
• Forms part of a specialist testing team who are dedicated to helping Australia Post drive is technology roadmap and deliver cutting-edge solutions to maximise the businesses competitiveness and capability, including: O MARS – Deployment of a new ETL produces from machine messages to database storage; o IDC (Information Delivery Centre) team – deployment of 30 modules and to improve ITILO SAP DS (Data Services) module upgrade – to deploy new generation Business Warehouse (BW) module; o NIM (Network Information Management), processed new parcel sorting machines through SAP; O WA National Police Online Certificate – first ever electronic identity check for Australia Post.
• Delivered testing across a mixed methodology environment from Waterfall to Agile (Jira). Delivered the test strategy, test estimation and planning discussions. Drafted test artifacts, including test plans, business test scenarios and requirements traceability matrices, QC test lab, raise, retest and close defects.
• Applied expertise in understanding issues that may arise around automated/load testing; researched and provided solutions to add, modify, or enhance previously recorded automated scripts. • Performed System Testing; Performance Testing; Security Testing; Baseline Regression; and User Acceptance Testing. Formulated Test Summary Reports, Test lab reports, and Defects Outstanding reports. • Integrated testing from ETL(Extract, Transform and Load) process to BI (Business Intelligence) reports. • Utilised a wide range of technologies including that of SAP (HANA, BW, ERP, Finance etc.), Oracle, SQL, JAVA, TIBCO, XML, Selenium, TOAD, SQL Developer, Seleium, and more.
• Utilised HP Quality Centre and other tools to maintain QA standards. • Reviewed and maintained all project documentation in accordance with department procedures. Assisted with technical artifacts and engaged in technical discussions as part of continuous improvement. • Managed teams of 2 to 4 test analyst depending on size of projects. Telstra, Melbourne Apr 2008 to Sept 2010 SYSTEMS TEST ANALYST Telstra is Australia’s largest telecommunications and media company which builds and operates telecommunications networks and markets voice, mobile, internet, pay television and other entertainment products and services.
Telstra employs over 31,930 staff. • Appointed to support the Test Manager on testing the backend processes and functionality for a new Pos proposed for deployment into Telstra retail shops, with integration into enterprise level ERP. • Developed and executed detailed test cases and procedures for software integration and functional testing to include string, integration, system, and back-end and validation testing. • Updated the QC test lab, whilst working with Flexcabs, Mica and Siebel applications.
XML, Toad and HP QC. • Liaised with BA’s to clarify business requirements, and worked closely with third-party vendor who had supplied the system, to clarify and analyse capabilities and to gain a deeper technical understanding. • Identified a number of issues where business rules did not match Telstra requirements. Documented all test anomalies and actively support the investigation and resolution of all anomalies. Moose Enterprise Pty Ltd, Melbourne Nov 2007 to Feb 2008 BUSINESS ANALYST Moose Toys is an Australian-owned toy company whose products are sold in over 80 countries. The business has offices in Melbourne (HQ), Hong Kong, London, and Los Angeles, and employs over 200 staff.
• Challenged with leading workshops and collating the business requirements needed to support the deployment of a new ERP system, working with key stakeholders in Melbourne, Hong Kong and China. • Travel to Hong Kong to understand their strategies, goals, objectives and end-to-end business processes in order to provide recommended solutions and procedures that meet their business needs. • Identified worked with the business and vendor change management requirements. • Delivered the current operational process (as-is state) and new requirements document (to-be state), showed all processes were carefully document to obtain sign off.
Telstra, Melbourne Feb 1999 to Oct 2007 SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/ PROGRESS & ORACLE DBA/BUSINESS ANALYST • Supported Telstra with delivering new technology initiatives and to enhance backend services including development of the Telstra Shop POS and TITAN, Telstra’s ERP system. • Developed a new module to interface with external system for inventory, forecasting and planning of the Retail stores. Fast tracked the roll-out of TLS stores by utilising existing infrastructure to interface with MICA and Flexcabs. • Automated nightly job schedules to improve IT monitoring times. And to alert IT support whenever a job failed rather than being monitored manually, saving the company money and support’s staff time.
• Conducted unit, systems, integration and stress & volume testing with the testing team. • Managed ongoing deployment issues across Development, Production and Test environments. Previous positions held: 1989 to 1999 • Snr. Analyst Programmer | Citibank, Sydney, 1998 to 1999 • Snr. Analyst Programmer | OneTel, Sydney, 1998 • Snr. AP/Consultant | Protégé Systems Inc., Chicago, U.S.A, 1998 • Snr. Analyst Programmer | UNISYS Information Services, Melbourne, 1994 to 1997 • Analyst Programmer | NEC Australia, Mulgrave, 1990 to 1994. Graduate | Telecom Australia Information Systems, Melbourne, 1989 to 1990 Qualifications & Education: • Currently studying ITSQB Certification • Bachelor of Applied Science (Computing and Mathematics) – Victoria University of Technology, Melbourne • Higher School Certificate – Springvale High School, VIC Further Training: • Oracle Database Administrator 9i • Progress Database Administrator • Progress Programming
Extra-Curricular Activity: • Amateur badminton and table tenn • Current affairs • Travel • President of Springvale Rise Primary School Council • Former member of Springvale Service for Children’s board of management References: • Full references available on request.